Glint is re-introducing gold as money and as a global currency so that it can be used in electronic payments in real-time. Glint clients can buy any amount of gold and can save, exchange or spend their gold with the Glint Mastercard.
Innovative Payment Technology
- Glint has developed and utilized a highly scalable and secure micro-services technology architecture to deliver landmark liquidity by enabling physical gold to be settled at the point of electronic transaction.
- Glint’s gold does not need to be sold in advance. There is no pre-paid card loading, the Glint debit Mastercard is authorized by Glint based on the real-time balance in your Glint account.
Reliable & Independent
- Physically allocated gold is the most reliable store of value – and now Glint allows you to spend it. Through our innovative app, Mastercard and banking integration, you can use gold as money in every sense of the word. We’re taking gold out of the vaults and empowering you to spend it whenever you want.
- Our near-term vision, which is fully underway, is the creation of a gold banking service and payment business, both integrated with and independent of existing payment networks.
Fair & Transparent fees
- Transferring currencies can be complicated, as well as expensive. Many companies aren’t entirely transparent about the fees they charge, so switching money around across different borders can be as annoying as it is costly. Glint lets you transfer funds instantly, opening possibilities wherever you go. It’s hassle-free, and ensures you only pay the real-exchange rate, so you won’t get stung by hidden fees.
Choice and Control
- As you can both store and spend gold alongside international currencies, you attain a unique choice as well as an additional level of control and protection over your money.
- Glint gives you control by letting you independently store and manage your wealth outside the banking system. You will be able to transfer money to pay bills or send funds to friends without it ever going near a bank, and there’s no reliance on government currency.
Security & Trust
- Glint is the Program Manager and the Glint MasterCard is issued by Sutton Bank. Glint is also an affiliate partner to Mastercard International Inc. Using the latest technology, we have bank level security, as well as employing effective AML systems and controls to mitigate money laundering and terrorist financing risks. Your money is safeguarded in segregated client accounts and your physical gold in one of the largest, most secure, independent and insured vaults in Switzerland. You’ll also get instant in app record of your transaction to help you keep track of your spending, to help you stay safe from fraud. And if you suspect any fraud you can block (and unblock) your card directly in the app